What We Do
• Developing – Purchase larger parcels of land and divide into subdivisions with wooded acreage
• New Homes (custom designs) – Whether you would like to have us design your home, work with your plans, or your architect, we promise to do our best to assure the highest quality and integrity through the complete process.
• Commercial – Banks, Office Buildings, Ambulance, Churches, Restaurants, Auto and RV Dealerships, Doctor and Dental Offices, etc.
• Remodeling & Major Renovations – Primarily for previous customers, but we are always willing to discuss and help in anyway we can.
What Sets Us Apart
We are often asked “what sets us apart from other builders?” There are many great builders in our area who each brings their own area of expertise. We truly believe our greatest strength is bringing design and creativity to the project to establish a “design/build” team. When meeting with our customers for the first time, it is important for us to have an idea of their budget along with their building wish list. Often times customers have a home plan and find out it is unaffordable when taken to the builder. We want to avoid this expensive, disappointing process altogether. We don’t want to just build a nice home or business for someone, we want to help incorporate their style, personality, wants and needs into a unique, one-of-a-kind project within budget. We strive to be open and honest without compromising quality workmanship, so you don’t have any unwanted financial surprises.
Maintaining a great relationship with the customer is very important to us. Delivering what we say we will do and upholding high quality of craftsmanship is imperative.
Pennwood also has a long standing relationship with it’s subcontractors and suppliers. Many of our subcontractors either work almost exclusively for us or a majority of the time. We recently had the privilege of designing and constructing a new ambulance building in Galeton, Pennsylvania (Bill’s hometown) with a team of five that have worked repeatedly with Bill for over 40 years! We have an amazing pool of talent and experts that we have developed through the years.
Pennwood will always try to put the best team together to meet the specific needs of the project and the customer.
What You Can Expect
• We will do our best to give you and your project the time and attention that is needed.
• Quality and honesty in every area of the building process.
• Courteous, helpful and professional workers. No uncomfortable language and no smoking allowed in the home or business and we strongly discourage this on site.
• We make sure the quality of what you do not see is as good as the quality you do see.
• A maintained relationship so we can be there for you years after the project is complete. It is our goal to go beyond a business deal and to develop a friendship for years to come.
Architects We Have Worked With
Moss Creek Log Home Designs – Allen Halcomb, President
Bohlin, Cywinski & Jackson – Peter Bohlin
(570) 825-8756 – Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania branch (Todd Howard)
(206) 256-0862 – Seattle, Washington branch
Botticelli & Pohl Architects – Raymond Pohl
Johnson Schmidt & Associates – Elise Johnson-Schmidt
Peter Steer Architects – Peter Steer
Montour Falls, NY
Anne Hersh Architect – Anne Hersh
Dave Iocco Engineer – Dave Iocco
Big Flats, NY
Thomas Arctander Architect – Thomas Arctander
Hascup and Lorenzini – Ithaca, NY (retired)
Ned Connel – Clarks Summit, PA (retired)